I Am Egypt

I am nothing but a mere million square kilometers of land,
Daring to exist, daring to be.
I am nothing but an unspeaking natural resource,
Squandered away in the hands of the elite.
I am nothing but wasted potential,
Struggling to barely make ends meet.

I am nothing but a haven of expectant hopes,
Facing the toughest of challenges optimistically.
I am nothing but a road to a glorious future,
Paved by a momentous history.
I am nothing but endless glory,
Shining within the veins of everybody.

I am nothing but pure hearts of gold
Helping one another in moments of plea.
I am nothing but laughter and jokes,
Spoken ever so wholeheartedly.
I am nothing but vehement delight
At the simplest, smallest sources of glee.

I am nothing but the contradictions I harbour,
And to harbour them all I have the capacity.
I am nothing but the ultimate compassion
They would have for one another if only they would agree.
I am nothing but an enigma,
Philosophers have studied me with great incredulity.

I am nothing but the will of my people,
Fighting fiercely for their right to be free.
I am nothing but the venue of tyrants' demise,
Finally understanding what I have within me.
I am nothing but an opposing force,
To those who wish to oppress me, see,
I am nothing but the heroes who inhabit me,
For I am Egypt, and I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment